B.E.S.T. Standards and MTSS
Originally presented as a series of sessions at the Just Read, Florida! 2021 Summer Literacy Institute, these courses are designed to support effective implementation of Florida's Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking (B.E.S.T.) Standards within an MTSS.
- B.E.S.T. Standards as the Foundation of Schools’ MTSS
- Integrating Technology to Support Students’ Learning of B.E.S.T. Standards
- Universal Design for Learning and B.E.S.T. Standards: Facilitating Equity in Access and Opportunity for All Students
- Using Tier 1 Problem Solving to Effectively Implement the B.E.S.T. Standards
- Building Capacity for B.E.S.T Standards Implementation at Tier 1: How to Leverage Professional Learning Designs to Support All Teachers and Students
Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
Our Coaching Series provides the foundational skills to effectively coach and support your fellow educators. The series addresses the soft skills (effective communication and providing feedback) as well as the content knowledge around problem solving and systems change that are required to be an effective support to your colleagues.
- Interpersonal Communication Skills - This skills-based module reviews key interpersonal communication skills that we should all use when relating to and supporting colleagues. Set aside up to two hours for this module.
- Systems Change & 8-Step Problem Solving: An Introduction - This module serves as an introduction to the principles of systems change and how to engage in systematic problem solving. This module is intended for audiences that are newer to systems change. Set aside up to one hour for this module.
- Diving Deeper into the 8-Step Problem-Solving Process - This module equips you with the skills and knowledge to be an active team member and contributor during the 8-Step Problem-Solving process. This module is intended for participants that are new or familiar with the 8-Step Model. Set aside up to two hours for this module.
- Delivering Effective Feedback - This module reviews different components that contribute to effective feedback and then lets you practice using these principles. Throughout the course, you'll be asked to reflect on your own practice and make plans for the future. Because feedback is part of active dialogue, it is recommended that you complete the Interpersonal Communication Skills module if you haven’t already done so.
Intervention and Instructional Fidelity
RtI and SLD Eligibility
Florida's MTSS Recognized Schools