|Overview of MTSS||Communication & Collaboration|
|Multiple Tiers of Instruction & Intervention||Capacity Building/Infrastructure|
- The Self-Assessment of MTSS Implementation (SAM) measures school-level implementation of a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS). There are 42 items in the SAM, organized into six domains representing the critical components of MTSS. This tool can help answer questions such as: How well is my school implementing MTSS? How are we doing in each of the six critical domains of MTSS? What are my school’s strengths and needs related to MTSS implementation?
- Self-Assessment of MTSS Implementation (SAM), Updated September 2021
- Self-Assessment of MTSS Implementation (SAM) Infographic, April 2023
- Chronic Absenteeism Tools
- Chronic Absenteeism Equity Profile
- Equity Profile Chronic Absenteeism Calculator
- Guiding Questions for Disproportionate Chronic Absenteeism, Part 1: Problem Identification
- Reasons for Chronic Absenteeism (RCA) Survey — designed for secondary students (6th-12th grade) who have missed 10% or more instructional days
- RCA Scoring Sheet
- Reasons for Chronic Absenteeism – PreK/Head Start Parent Version — designed for parents of PreK/ Head Start students who have missed 10% or more instructional days
- Razones del Ausentismo Crónico – Preescolar/Head Start (RCA-P) Versión para Padres — Spanish version
- Chronic Absenteeism Resources
- Attendance and Chronic Absenteeism: Literature Review, October 2018 — developed by Amber Humm Patnode, Kimberly Gibbons, and Rebecca R. Edmunds – Center for Applied Research and Educational Improvement, University of Minnesota
- 2017 Educational Strategies and Student Engagement Institute Panel Discussion, Practical Strategies for Addressing Chronic Absenteeism (Amber Humm Brundage, Iris Williams, David Chamberlin, Lisa Kern, Jonathan Hinke, Pamela Brown, Donna Sicilian, Beth Duda, Kristi Jarvis, Karie Capiello, Mike Henriquez)
- District Examples of Attendance Supports
- Video of Panel Discussion — https://at-udl.com/videos/EWSPanel/
- Reasons for Chronic Absenteeism Among PreK/Head Start Students, Survey Summary Report, February 2018
- Reasons for Chronic Absenteeism Among Secondary Students, National Survey Summary Report, August 2017
- Reasons for Chronic Absenteeism Among Florida Secondary Students, Survey Summary Report, July 2017
Professional Learning Modules
- Florida PS/RtI Project Evaluation Page — The PS/RtI project has developed an array of tools for districts to use in assessing various aspects of their Multi-Tiered System of Supports.
- RtI-Based SLD Identification Toolkit — The RtI Action Network has developed (in partnership with CASE, NASDSE, and NASP) this online toolkit. It is a detailed resource that summarizes what the law requires and provides a clear vision of best practice related to an RTI-based SLD Identification process.