|Overview of MTSS||Communication & Collaboration|
|Multiple Tiers of Instruction & Intervention||Capacity Building/Infrastructure|
- MTSS, Common Language/Common Understanding (Second Edition) — This updated document should be helpful as you discuss MTSS within your district. The goal is to establish a common language and common understanding to ensure MTSS implementation fidelity and maximize the impact for student learning.
- MTSS Myths and Truths for Educators — These interactive webpages dispel some myths surrounding MTSS.
- A Family Guide to a Multi-Tiered System of Supports — The purpose of this brochure is to give families a clear understanding of what a Multi-Tiered System of Supports or “MTSS” is, how it can help children, and how families can support their children’s learning. There are several versions of this document (see list below):
- A two-sided PDF for electronic use (in English, Spanish, Haitian Creole, and Portuguese)
- A tri-fold, double-sided PDF for printing (with accompanying printing instructions)
- MTSS Document Series — The purpose of this series of documents is to help educational leaders think through how to maximize both brick and mortar and innovative learning through their Multi-Tiered System of Supports.
- Reconceptualizing Educational Systems in the 21st Century: Leveraging UDL, MTSS, and Technology to Create a Universal Education System (Series Overview)
- Tiered Instruction/Intervention Across Learning Environments
- Data Evaluation & Assessment Across Learning Environments
- 4-Step Problem Solving Across Learning Environments
Professional Learning Modules
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports: An Introduction (Thinkific) — This one-hour course is designed for all stakeholders within the Florida education system to gain a common understanding of MTSS, including its definition, purpose, and advantages.
- Florida's Introduction to Multi-Tiered System of Supports — This online training provides an introduction to a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS). The course provides an overview of an MTSS, describes the critical components of multi-tiered instruction and intervention for academics (e.g., reading) and behavior, describes the problem-solving process and how it used to make data-based decisions about instruction and intervention, and discusses how an MTSS relates to special education eligibility and processes. Additionally, case studies are provided for participants to apply what they learned about an MTSS.
- Center on Multi-Tiered System of Supports at the American Institutes of Research is a national leader in supporting states, districts, and schools across the country in implementing an MTSS framework that integrates data and instruction within a multi-level prevention system to maximize student achievement and support students’ social, emotional, and behavior needs from a strengths-based perspective.
- MTSS Introduction for Families — This online video for families discusses the concepts and practices related to the school-level use of problem solving and how it affects their child in the context of school-wide implementation.