|Overview of MTSS||Communication & Collaboration|
|Multiple Tiers of Instruction & Intervention||Capacity Building/Infrastructure|
- What Is Special about Special Education? Specially Designed Instruction for Students with Disabilities within a Multi-Tiered System of Supports — This document was developed to clarify the relationship between specially designed instruction, Tier 1 instruction, and interventions within a multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) for educators developing, improving, and maintaining systems of support for all students. The corresponding Technical Assistance Paper from the Florida Department of Education can be found at http://info.fldoe.org/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-7122/dps-2014-94.pdf.
Professional Learning Modules
- Florida's BEST Standards and MTSS — Originally presented as a series of sessions at the Just Read, Florida! 2021 Summer Literacy Institute, these five courses are designed to support effective implementation of Florida's Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking (B.E.S.T.) Standards within an MTSS.
- B.E.S.T. Standards as the Foundation of Schools’ MTSS
- Integrating Technology to Support Students’ Learning of B.E.S.T. Standards
- Universal Design for Learning and B.E.S.T. Standards: Facilitating Equity in Access and Opportunity for All Students
- Using Tier 1 Problem Solving to Effectively Implement the B.E.S.T. Standards
- Building Capacity for B.E.S.T Standards Implementation at Tier 1: How to Leverage Professional Learning Designs to Support All Teachers and Students
- Online Courses in Florida's Personnel Development Portal — The following courses are available in Florida’s Personnel Development Portal and focus on effective instructional practices.
- Integrating Standards Aligned Instruction Across Tiers
- Effective Teaching Practices for Students with Disabilities
- Math Difficulties, Disabilities, and Dyscalculia
- Reading Difficulties, Disabilities, and Dyslexia